We welcome membership of the British Fluoridation Society.
There are two types of member: Associate Member and Voting Member.
If you want to become a full member of the British Fluoridation Society, please first join as an associate member. Once you have joined, log in and you’ll find a place to download the form to fill in to upgrade to a full membership. This is done by post
- It is free to join
- You can access the on-line discussion forum and additional information via the BFS website members page.
- You can opt in to receive e-newsletters from time to time, keeping you up to date with the latest developments.
- You are entitled to raise questions on water fluoridation via email.
- You will receive regular copies of the BFS Bulletin.
- You may recieve information on events etc.
- From time-to-time you may be asked to lend support (for example write letters/emails, consider donating) but you are under no obligation.
Associate members are not entitled to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM), have no access to AGM papers nor participate in voting on BFS business.
Voting members have the same benefits as Associate Members as well as:
- Access to the AGM including relative papers
- Ability to vote at the AGM (or by proxy)
In order to upgrade to a Voting membership, prospective full members must first register as an Associate member. An expression of interest in becoming a full member must be submitted to the British Fluoridation Society (firstname.lastname@example.org or by post). There is a £35 yearly payment associated with upgrading to a Voting Membership (although BFS reserves the right to grant concessions).
Voting membership is entirely at the discretion of BFS and may be withdrawn at any time.
The BFS reserves the right to refuse a Voting membership upgrade at any time and without explanation.